Take a look at the non-dairy ice creams in your local supermarket: Loads of ingredients your body doesn't need AND super expensive! Luckily, you can make this delicious frozen treat at home (with little effort and no special equipment) AND you can control the ingredients you eat!
And, yes, of course you can add fruit, chocolate chips etc. You just need a few things and some time to chill.
Here's how to make a healthy, delicious almond-milk ice cream at home:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of unsweetened organic almond milk, 1/4 cup of local honey, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until combined.
2. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
3. After it has chilled, pour the mixture into a large freezer-safe container with a lid and place it in the freezer for 8 hours (or overnight).
4. Once the mixture is completely frozen, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw for 5-10 minutes.
5. Place the mixture in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
6. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Enjoy your delicious almond milk ice cream! With this recipe, you can make a healthy treat that everyone will love. Bon appetit!